Our Transvaginal Mesh Lawyers in the News
Since 2006, Blasingame, Burch, Garrard & Ashley, P.C., has been aggressively litigating defective transvaginal mesh lawsuits from across the country.
Our lawyers were leaders in the Mentor ObTape multidistrict litigation (MDL) in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia. In 2010, our attorneys took the first case to trial in the Mentor MDL (the only case to be tried in the Mentor MDL to date) and settled the claims of a number of plaintiffs for a confidential amount after one week of trial.
Our firm continues to be at the forefront of transvaginal mesh litigation on a national scope.
Beginning in 2010 with our motion to consolidate all federal cases involving C.R. Bard, Inc.’s pelvic repair products, our attorneys helped lay the groundwork for the coordinated federal litigation involving the transvaginal mesh devices sold by several different manufacturers now pending before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
BBGA shareholders Henry Garrard, III, and Josh Wages were appointed by the court to serve in key leadership roles in each of the four separate MDLs involving C.R. Bard, Inc., American Medical Systems, Inc., Boston Scientific Corp. and Ethicon, Inc., products. We are preparing for the first bellwether trial date in the Bard MDL, which is set to begin on February 5, 2013.
Because of our knowledge and experience in transvaginal mesh litigation, our attorneys have often been sought out for information and insight about the litigation by local and national media, including print media, television and new media sources.
We appreciate the important role that the media plays in educating the public about the serious health risks posed by these pelvic mesh products, the ongoing efforts to seek justice for injured women across the country, and broader issues surrounding the federal government’s clearance process for these medical devices. We are heartened that the media has taken interest in this national women’s health crisis.
To contact our transvaginal mesh lawyers, please call Blasingame, Burch, Garrard & Ashley, P.C., today at (866) 818-8938 or use our online contact form.
Blasingame Burch Garrard & Ashley PC In the News
- Bard Settlement Update on Bloomberg.com
Bard Settles Vaginal-Mesh Case After $2 Million Verdict
- Bard Trial Update on Bloomberg.com
Bard Loses $2 Million Verdict in Vaginal-Mesh Trial
- Bard Update on Bloomberg.com
Bard Used Mesh Plastic Found Unfit for Humans by Supplier
- BBGA on First Coast News in Jacksonville
Surgical mesh complications tear lives apart
- Attorney Henry Garrard Interviewed by the Associated Press
Thousands of Women Sue Over Surgical Mesh
- Athens Attorney Henry Garrard Quoted in Bloomberg Article:
J&J Sold Vaginal Mesh Implant After Sales Halt Ordered
- BBGA in the Sun Sentinel:
Lawsuits, federal action target mesh surgical repairs in women
- Bard Faces First Federal Trial Over Vaginal Mesh Next Year
Plaintiffs Lawyers Appointed
Athens attorney Henry Garrard: Number of mesh suits has grown
Women plaintiffs line up to sue mesh manufacturers
Attorney Henry Garrard Interviewed by lawyersusaonline.com:
Pelvic mesh defect litigation on the increase
BBGA in the Wall Street Journal:
FDA Panel Calls for Surgical Mesh Studies
Blasingame, Burch, Garrard and Ashley in the Chicago Tribune:
Mesh used in pelvic surgeries under scrutiny
Henry Garrard interviewed by Boston Globe about transvaginal mesh problems:
FDA warns mesh used in surgery poses risk
BBGA in FloridaToday:
Brevard women sue over mesh devices
Video: Henry Garrard Interviewed by Channel 2 Houston:
Surgical Procedure Prompts Second Government Warning
- Attorney Henry Garrard Interviewed by Tampa Bay News 10:
FDA might ban mesh product called "dangerous"
Bay area women sue maker of mesh bladder product
- "Transvaginal Mesh Makers Treated Women Like Guinea Pigs," Says Henry Garrard
Surgical Mesh Help Press Releases
- November 08, 2012: Defective Transvaginal Mesh Lawyer Encouraged by Reduced Use of Mesh Products for POP Repair
- August 30, 2012: Direct Filing and Master and Short Form Complaints Ordered for Federal Court Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits
- July 10, 2012: Georgia Transvaginal Mesh Lawyer Speaks with Bloomberg News about Johnson & Johnson’s Failure to Stop Gynecare Prolift Sales
- June 22, 2012: Lawyers Handling Federal Transvaginal Mesh Cases Preparing for Trial as Discovery Stay Lifted in Related Cases
- June 05, 2012: Transvaginal Mesh Lawyers Discuss Johnson & Johnson’s Decision to Stop Sale of Vaginal Mesh Implants
- May 03, 2012: First Bellwether Trial Date Set For Bard Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits
- April 17, 2012: Georgia Lawyers Garrard, Wages Appointed to Lead Roles in Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits
- March 27, 2012: Georgia Transvaginal Mesh Attorney Applauds Consumer Reports’ Stance on Medical Device Clearance Process
- March 24, 2012: Bloomberg News Interviews Georgia Transvaginal Mesh Lawyer Garrard Regarding Pelvic Repair Mesh Devices
- March 09, 2012: Georgia Product Liability Lawyer Garrard at the Forefront of Transvaginal Mesh Litigation
- February 09, 2012: Panel Orders Centralization of Defective Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits
- January 24, 2012: Plaintiffs To Seek Centralization of Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits at Miami Hearing
- January 10, 2012: Transvaginal Mesh Lawyer Supports FDA’s Call for More Studies of Surgical Mesh Devices
- December 30, 2011: Transvaginal Mesh Attorney Supports Federal Lawmakers’ Efforts to Improve Monitoring of Medical Devices
- December 21, 2011: Plaintiffs Seek Centralization of Defective Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits
- December 3, 2011: Georgia Transvaginal Mesh Attorney Henry Garrard Says Medical Organizations Are Recognizing The Risks Of Surgical Mesh
- November 9, 2011: U.S. News – Best Lawyers® Ranks Georgia Personal Injury Firm Among Nation’s ‘Best Law Firms’
- October 26, 2011: Georgia Transvaginal Mesh Attorney Henry Garrard Says Media Can Help To Inform Public About Surgical Mesh Risks
- October 11, 2011: Henry Garrard, Georgia Transvaginal Mesh Lawyer, Requests Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation to Include All Bard Female Pelvic Repair Products in Pending MDL
- September 27, 2011: Georgia Transvaginal Mesh Attorney Henry Garrard To Speak at National Legal Conferences
- September 16, 2011: BBGA Transvaginal Mesh Lawyers Support FDA Panel’s Call for More Surgical Mesh Studies